Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Barcelona, we meet again.

I really hope you all didn't forget about me! I'm finally back to traveling and back to blogging. The month of March was filled with so many visitors and lots of weekends in Florence. But obviously it flew by and now were already into April, I cant believe it. So, to start April off, we took our week long spring break vacation in Barcelona....and I fell in love all over again. I went to Barcelona when I was a junior in high school with about 7 of my best friends. I remember loving it so much and calling my mom at the end of the trip not wanting to come home. Needless to say, not much had changed this time around.

We left Easter Sunday and little did we know we were about to get ourselves into a 7 day "bender." Coming from the Florence weather, we acted like the Barcelona sun was as if we were in Puerto Rico (the 65 degree weather was so nice, but the 8 bathing suits we each packed was a little aggressive). Luckily, we had my best friend Danny, who studies there, to show us around everyday. The city was almost like a taste of home because it reminded me of New York a little bit; I guess coming from Florence any city reminds me of home because Tuscany doesn't exactly scream "the big apple". Our hostel was in the most perfect location, which we quickly learned was ideal when in Barcelona. Danny and his 10 lady friends ventured down Las Ramblas, which was just like I remembered....such a cool street. We visited Parc Guell in the most perfect weather; the walk up there is 100% worth it, I promise. We fit in a FC Barcelona game which was even cooler than the first time I went, and after about 86 attempts, on our last day we took a cable car across the city and walked up to the Olympic Stadium (where the olympics were in 1992...fun fact...). Oh and of course, almost everyday included a visit to the beach....I'm not mad about it, and still jealous that all the people studying abroad there have a beach at their fingertips. #bitter.





The week absolutely flew. Maybe it was because we started everyday at 2pm. Why? Because Barcelona night life was literally crazy. When we weren't pouring our own drinks at the bar, a concept that Barca thinks is appropriate but is so very dangerous, we were casually prancing around the 26th floor of the W hotel with models and the richest humans I've ever seen.....I guess my H&M dress and shoes from Target were just short of embarrassing; It was hands down the nicest bar/club/place I've ever stepped foot into.....when in Barca I guess?

Other than that, we kept it classy at all the other clubs Barca had to offer and usually pranced home around 5 or 6 am. Now that we're back in Florence, our bodies hate us and all I want to do it sleep, but I would do it all over again in a heart beat. I know for a fact I'll be back in Barcelona some day; maybe to visit Danny or Steph who claim there moving there.....(I just don't know if I'm willing to let that happen). But, it was by far one of my favorite weeks abroad and I can't believe it is over....all good things must come to an end I suppose. Now, we have about 48 hours to unpack, unwind and prepare for our trip to Amalfi coast. I remember booking this in Siena and remembering my grandma saying "If you go to Italy and don't go to the Amalfi coast, don't come home!" So, I have a feeling I am going to be in awe and I can't wait. Time is going by way too quickly here and I am not really ready to come to terms with it. But enough of that, time to enjoy everything that these last 3 weeks have to offer!

Xo Bria

No comments:

Post a Comment