Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

More than Halfway there......

So believe it or not, IM ALIVE. I know I haven't posted in ages, but the last few weeks have been all over the place. Lets start with Rome: Rome was incredible, and overwhelmingly large. With the Pope stepping down, it was just as crowded as we expected. The weekend was filled with rain, colosseum tours and 5 hours at Vatican city. The Trevi Fountain was probably my favorite thing we saw; luckily the rain held up long enough for us to be the obnoxious tourists and take 1000 pictures throwing coins in the fountain.....  Although our feet were crying by the end of the weekend, it was amazing to be there at one of the biggest moments possible. 





Rome was followed by 2 weekends in Florence....which I couldn't even tell you guys how excited I was for them. It sounds bizarre in a sense that I take advantage of living here; Everyday, I say "Oh, I'll climb the Duomo next week or see the David tomorrow" Then, more than 2 months in, I realized I haven't done either....which is embarrassing. (Promise I wont leave without seeing them.) So it was nice to take a break from the stress of traveling and just enjoy Firenze. On top of that, we had about 86 visitors stay with us, including one of my best friends. Although the rain did not stop for the whole weekend, Emma and I managed to climb "Piaza Michelangelo," to see a view overlooking all of Florence.....Unreal. Needless to say, I think we showed everyone how amazing of a city we live in.

And last but not least, this weekend was our trip to Venice. Besides from Switzerland, it was probably my favorite weekend abroad thus far. Venice was absolutely breathtaking. Even though we didnt do as many activities as we did elsewhere, the sights/view alone was enough to make you fall in love. However, if you ever go there, you only need about a day or 2 to get your Venice fill; it was plenty for us. And then we topped off the weekend with a day/night long st.patricks day pub crawl.......yeah, so that was that.

Now, I am left counting down the days to spring break in Barcelona. Less than 2 weeks.....oh and as a depressing side note: I only have about 45 days left abroad.......not real life, not okay.

XO Bria

No comments:

Post a Comment