Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Here We Go....!

It seems like yesterday where I sat around my kitchen table with my roommates and talked about wanting to study abroad. As we discussed destination possibilities, they seemed like just that...only possibilities. Fast forward a little over a year later, I'm packing up 2 suitcases and a duffle bag, and heading to Florence, Italy for the next 4 months. Unreal, I know.

If you know me even a little bit, you can only imagine how dramatic this going away process has been. The Italian themed "going away dinner" and the 650 goodbyes I have said to my family and friends?completely necessary (...i'm not kidding). It doesn't seem real that I won't be coming home until May, and I guess I'll have to get over my Pearl River obsession just for now, to casually travel the world.

So, with that, the public relations nerd came out in me and decided to create this blog. Not only do I love to write, but I feel as if it is only fair to let my family and friends join me on whatever is coming my way. While I am overwhelmed with excitement, nerves, anxiousness, fear, and happiness, there's a part of me that is a bit sad to leave my family and friends behind because they are the reason I am about to do this. So thank you to the friends of mine who pushed me to go, listened to my never-ending concerns and made me jealous while I lived through your abroad experience first. Thank you to my friends who are just as excited for me to go as I am because I needed your words of encouragement. Thank you to my sorority sisters for being a constant group of support, no matter where we all are. Last but not least, thank you to my family, for trusting me, for enabling me to do this and for giving me an opportunity of a lifetime......literally.

Ready or not, I am about to have the time of my life. Thank you for reading and I cannot wait to update you all.

Xo Bria

1 comment: